Nose picking, baby crying christmas

Nose picking, baby crying christmas

Sunday, November 27, 2011

SING! Sing a song...

I have always admired the way a child can hear a song and almost immediately knows the words. Of course, my children are no exception. I am one of those "people" that always has music on of some sort, especially in the car; A Very Lady Gaga Thanksgiving Special is playing in the background as a type. We drive about a half hour each way to and from school daily and, thanks to Sirius radio, we are able to quench each of our musical appetites. I also have quite the diverse collection stored on the jukebox in my car. Green Day, Glee, Miley Cyrus, Ceelo Green, Bruno mars, The Killers, The Jonas Brothers, High School Musical soundtracks, Christmas music, Train, P!nk, and the list goes on an on.
Until recently, I never really listened to what my kids were singing-Aaron and I were driving to the mall and the Selena Gomez song "Love You Like a Love Song" came on the radio and he sings: "I-I Love You like a Zom-bie Bab-y!" at the top of his lungs. After I told him the the words he was singing were not right, he told me that because it was Halloween time, the words that he was singing were the right words. I have not heard the song in it's correct way since. Lucas is no exception: the song is "Replay" by Iyaz and the line is "It's like my Ipod stuck on replay" but, Lucas has his "eyeballs stuck on replay" although he made a pretty good argument as to why he was correct, he lost and now sings it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment